Photo by: Jeremy Lock
OUR TROJAN WAR
“Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter.”
― Homer, The Iliad, Book 22 (Tr. R. Fagles)
The Aquila Theatre and American Combat Veterans of the Warrior Chorus collaborate on a unique theatrical experience, setting epic scenes from Homer, Greek drama and literature alongside compelling questions on modern democracy. What does democracy mean? What kind of democracy do we want to live in? How do we preserve and protect the democracy we have? Join us for this urgent and compelling production.
OUR TROJAN WAR TOUR
Click on the red theatre names to purchase tickets. For a complete list of all Aquila's performances, you can look at our schedule.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 7:00 PM Performance - McCullough Theatre - University of Texas at Austin
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 7:00 PM Performance - McCullough Theatre - University of Texas at Austin
- Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 8:00 PM Performance - Lone Tree Arts Center, Lone Tree, CO
- Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 8:00 PM Performance - Stewart Theater at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Sunday, April 1, 2017 - 8:00 PM Performance - Alden Theatre - McLean Community Center, McLean, VA
- Friday, April 7, 2017 - 8:00 PM Performance - McCain Auditorium - Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
Additionally, Aquila Theatre will be holding veteran-led Warrior Chorus workshops at these venues around the performance dates. Using classical texts like The Illiad and The Odyssey, these workshops are meant to encourage a deeper level of understanding between the veteran and civilian communities and provide tools to generate honest and necessary discussion through the power of story telling. Workshops are open to active members of the military, veterans, spouses and significant others, parents, high school and adult-aged children, and anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the military community.
The following workshops have been scheduled with exact times to be announced soon:
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- Friday, March 24, 2017 - University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 - Lone Tree Arts Center, Lone Tree, CO
- Thursday, March 30, 2017 - North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 - Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
OUR TROJAN WAR - NYC
Aquila Theatre's NYC Season of Our Trojan War will take place at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) at The Fishman Space - BAM Fisher.
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 7:30 PM
- Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM
- Friday, April 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 7:30 PM
- Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 3:00 PM
To purchase tickets, please click here.
Please join us for talk-backs with veterans immediately following each performance.
For more information please contact Aquila Theatre's administrative office at (914) 401-9494 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.